Sunday, January 9, 2011

Matus Valent 03

(2010-Nov-17) 20th Daily Doodle: Matus Valent Fan Club (added a color layer and a film grain layer).

To paint this I use, what I call, my Artist's Byakugan (painting reality or what I see...as opposed to my Artist's Sharingan; copying an artistic style...these are Naruto references, if you're not a fan and don't know to what I am referring.) To sum up the ideas, the Artist's Byakugan can see reality clearly... it can be described as intensely observing the subject and simply rendering what you see while giving up what you 'think' is there (meaning, avoiding drawing what you 'think' a nose  or eye, etc, looks like, as that will lead you toward drawing iconic images, and just draw what the nose or eye, etc, actually looks like in front of you). In contrast, the Artist's Sharingan can see patterns and techniques, allowing the artist to mimic other styles... both are very optically intensive and demand a lot of mental energy. @_@

1 comment: